Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

Happy New Year and Oh, So Cold! Layout.

Hi there, it's been awhile. I've been working on something very big, at least for me it is!
I can't wait to share the news of what it is, but until then, I leave you with a pretty scrapbook page I put together this afternoon. Because Lexi decided to nap! Any moms out there with little ones who have decided napping is not where its at anymore?

I had this gorgeous silhouette cut out paper laying in my cut out pile for a long, long time. I can't count how many times I took it out to use and didn't have the guts. Today I finally did! Are you that kind of scrapbooker? Worried about messing up a gorgeous paper or embellishment or do you just go for it!? I'm trying to just go for it this year.


I backed the cutout paper with a pretty and subdued patterned paper by onelittlebird for Studio Calico from the December 2016 add on paper. I used lots of pop dots (dollar section at Michaels) behind the cutout paper so it would pop off of the patterned paper. Before I did that step I worked on the layout as it would be hard to adhere and sew pieces on afterwards.


I used everything that was already on my desk, which is a successful strategy when scrapbooking for me as I tend to get sidetracked in my office haha. 
The cute puffy house is by crate paper, tag from Studio Calico, gold vellum is from Maggie Holmes gather collection. I cut it out from a scrap piece to look like a pennant an sewed it on. The pink pennant is from Maggie's gather line as well. 


This December calendar is a cutout paper from Crate Papers adorable Snow & Cocoa line. The double washi is Maggie Holmes' gather collection washi tape pack. I've been using it on everything! It is on the less sticky side so I add sookwang tape behind it when I use it where I don't want it coming off. 


I wanted to keep the page on the simple side since it was going to be really busy with all the cut out pieces. This is why I chose a whiter background paper and layering papers as well as the white tags. I can't make a layout without using a tag! I sewed the little mustard yellow heart with a needle and embroidery floss. I wanted to repeat the pretty yellow on the snowman. Which is also cutout paper from the Snow & Cocoa line. I snuck a little piece of the gold vellum under my layer bundle to add a little sparkle. The cork camera is a vintage Studio Calico embellishment. 

To finish the page off I used 3 different Mr. Huey's sprays to drop some colour onto the very white background. My white space loving self wanted to keep it white but I'm trying to venture out of such serious layouts and back into fun, bright, artful layouts this year. I also really need to show some love to my Mr. Huey's collection! 


Thanks for being here and I hope I've given you a little inspiration to go make a page and document some memories :) 

Meg 




No comments:

Post a Comment