Pages

Monday, August 15, 2016

You're The Bomb Layout

The girls and I are on a mini vacay. At my parents place! They went traveling to Saskatchewan for a few weeks and we needed some much needed away time from the big city! I will always be a country girl at heart, I crave that open space and quiet calm landscape. My girls don't mind either :)

Of course I packed some scrapbooking supplies to get a little creative time in during naptime. Sometimes I get totally stumped so today I remembered this awesome sketch challenge account my mom follows on Instagram called Lets Get Sketchy! Today they posted a new sketch, perfect timing for naptime scrapping :) I'll post the sketch at the bottom of this post in case you want to play along too!

I came across this awesome moodboard on @ericarosecreates instagram for the colour inspiration in my layout, isn't it fun?!






I love these Color Theory labels from Studio Calico. The colors, the shapes, the gold words! I popped some off the page using foam dots to give the page some dimension. and made the corners and some edges a little bendy.


The white and black paper was my last scrap from an old Studio Calico kit. I'm so sad its all gone! It's one of my all time favourite patterned papers. It reminds me of that popular wool rug!!
And that perfect blue paper with wonky polka dots is of course Amy Tan's.


The pineapples are cut out of the Jen Hadfield Everyday 6x6 paper pad. One of my go to embellishments lately has been cutting out shapes from paper. A fav and super easy! That cute paint marking paper is also from Jen's paper pad, I'm going to need some more of that. It's on sale right now on Scrapbook.com!




A little view of all the dimensional goodness :)


Here's the sketch from Let's Get Sketchy! If you play along be sure to upload a photo of your layout to their blog to be entered into a draw to win some scrappy goodness.




No comments:

Post a Comment